A Look Ahead XVII:Explorations in Transformative Research
Tuesday, April 29, 2014
UMBC University Center Ballroom, 3rd Floor
3:30 – 7:30 p.m.
With several hundred scientists, educators and biotechnology business leaders in attendance,
A Look Ahead XVII will be a unique opportunity to connect with Maryland’s scientific research community.
Dr. Eve Marder, Professor and Head
Division of Science, Brandeis University
Dr. Phyllis Robinson, Professor
Department of Biological Sciences, UMBC
About a Look Ahead
A Look Ahead gives the region’s scientific community the opportunity to hear some of the nation’s top scientists discuss their transformative research. Offered at UMBC since 1999, this symposium features two plenary speakers and a faculty poster session and provides benefits to both the UMBC and Maryland’s scientific community. Hosted each year by the College of Natural and Mathematical Sciences, A Look Ahead is offered free of charge due to the generosity of its annual sponsors.
Who Should Attend?
- Researchers from industry and academia
- Leaders from the biotechnology business community
- Professionals in medicine and healthcare
- Educators in science, technology, and related disciplines
- Individuals interested in science and transformative research